This introductory qualification is aimed at anyone who needs a basic understanding of environmental issues in the workplace. It provides a general awareness of environmental issues and can be taken by employees at all levels within the organisation. The NEBOSH award in Environmental Management provides a step for those who wish to progress to higher level qualifications, such as the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management.
The Award in Environmental Awareness syllabus is suitable for both UK and international candidates; there is no legislation included in the syllabus. The syllabus includes basic information on:
- Environmental terms and their meaning
- Sources, impacts and controls of air, water, noise and land pollution
- Dealing with environmental emergencies
- Introducing environmental impact (risk) assessments
- Introduction to Environmental Management Systems
No formal qualifications are required but candidates must have a reasonable standard of written English.
The qualification is assessed through a 30 minute multiple choice examination.
A qualification parchment will be sent to students on successful completion.
Modes of Study
There are three modes of study available for this course:
- Distance learning